Internationales Begegnungszentrum der Wissenschaft München e.V.
Accomodation for invited speakers will be provided by the organizers. For other participants or invited speakers who want to extend their stay, the following accomodations provide special conditions for the LMU. Please refer to these when booking via telephone or e-mail. Unless noted otherwise, all prices include breakfast.
LMU-Prices: Single room: 45€-55 € / double room: 64-84 €.
3-bedroom: 84-114 € / 4-bedroom: 96-136 €.
- If you arrive by air at Munich Airport, the easiest way into the city is by the S-Bahn, the regional railway system. By taking the S1 or S8 from below Terminal 1, you will reach the city center (Marienplatz) in approximately 40 minutes. Tickets must be purchased at the ticket machines (ground floor near the escalators to the S-Bahn station). If you travel alone, you might want to buy an adult single day ticket (all zones) - if you are a group of two or more (up to five), you should buy an adult partner ticket (all zones). Tickets must be validated (stamped) before entering the trains. The Main University Building is located at the U-Bahn stop Universität (U3/U6).
- If you get to Munich by train, you can choose to buy either a single ride ticket, a day ticket, or a partner day ticket (for groups up to five) - or even three-day versions of these. The Mansion of the Center for Advanced Studies and LMU are located in the inner district, so "Innenraum" tickets are sufficient for getting from the train to the conference venue. The Main University Building is located at the U-Bahn stop Universität (U3/U6). For more information visit the international website of the MVV (linked transport system around Munich).
The official website of the city of Munich is www.muenchen.de, where you can find information about the cultural life in Munich and a link to the tourist information. Here are some more links that might be useful:
- the Munich tourist office,
- the official hotel booking service of the Munich tourist office,
- general information about finding your way around Munich on the international website of the MVV (linked transport system around Munich) and on the Transport Portal,
- Munich sights, some suggestions, and
- the Wikipedia entry about Munich, for the sake of completeness.